Accounting Manager job description template
About this position
The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing all financial operations and ensuring accurate and timely reporting. This role involves managing a team of accountants, analyzing financial data, and implementing effective accounting policies and procedures. The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and collaborates closely with other departments to support the company's financial goals.
• Oversee and manage the daily operations of the accounting department at Master company.
• Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure accuracy and compliance with financial regulations.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements, reports, and budgets to provide accurate and timely financial information to management.
• Coordinate and lead the month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring all financial transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
• Manage and reconcile general ledger accounts, ensuring proper documentation and supporting schedules are maintained.
• Supervise and mentor a team of accountants, providing guidance and support in their day-to-day activities.
• Collaborate with other departments to ensure accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and resolve any discrepancies or issues.
• Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts and projections, providing insights and recommendations to support strategic decision-making.
• Conduct regular audits to identify and mitigate financial risks, ensuring compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
• Stay updated on industry trends, accounting standards, and best practices,
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
• CPA (Certified Public Accountant) certification
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting or finance
• Strong knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
• Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel