Regional Strategic Marketing Director-Animal Nutrition
About this positionThe Regional Strategic Marketing Director-Animal Nutrition will be responsible for product portfolio management, customer segmentation analysis, market assessment, and developing marketing plans.
Responsibilities• Product portfolio management (value proposition and pricing based on the added value of our solutions & margin steering for the segment focusing on the Contribution Margin generation) in alignment with AN-SN Global Strategic Marketing & Development and Regional Business director
• Customer segmentation analysis
• Channel management and contracts for AN-SN distributors with frame for appropriate incentive schemes
• Responsible to develop action plans jointly with RBD and other functions (BM, TSMs) to achieve global segment goals focusing on marketing activities such as new product launches, market communication, sales tool kit development and competition insight and benchmarking, and analysis
• Conduct Market and Customer need analysis and lead the regional team in regionalized portfolio expansion initiatives. Initiate and/or evaluate product development and innovation projects based on input from customers or internal units. All in alignment with global Strategic Marketing head and regional business head.
• Lead new product launch initiatives
• Industry & Market assessment (market data analysis and demand estimation), monitoring specific market drivers that have a direct impact in our value proposition / customer’s value added (feed costs, sanitary issues, AGP reduction, etc.)
• Competitor landscape assessment and understanding
• Branding and Market Communication strategy, storytelling and promotion content in coordination with the Regional Communication Manager
• Support assessment and management of potential regional business partnerships
• Develop internal marketing plans and work collaboratively with other departments to improve internal relationships in a large organization and to build strong external customer relationships.
• Identify and communicate the actions needed to implement the function's strategy and business plan within the business area or department; explain the relationship to the broader organization's mission, vision and values; motivate people to commit to these and to doing extraordinary things to achieve local business goals.
Requirements• MSc degree in animal/poultry science and/or business management, marketing
• 5-10 years professional experience in marketing positions and preferable within animal livestock industry
• Experience in pricing strategy and positioning management of expanding portfolio
• Ability to communicate science as well as business (e.g. translate scientific results into sales arguments)
• Willingness to “create and develop”; “start-up mentality”; “motivates/encourages others”
• Focus Species: Monogastric livestock (Poultry, Swine), experience with ruminants would be a plus
• Team player; networking skills (internal, external)
• Leadership skills
• Strong communication & presentation skills
• Language Skills: English is mandatory. Other languages skills would be plus