UFS R&D Savoury & Plant-Based Lead - SEA & SA
About this positionUnilever is currently hiring for R&D Manager - Savory & Plant-based
Responsibilities• Build savory & plant-based R&D strategy in SEA region while providing expertise and capability support for other relevant R&D Teams in South Asia, Africa, Middle East, Turkey and Israel
• Plan, execute and monitor technical deliverables of innovation & renovation projects on-time in-full across R&D functions (formulation, packaging, processing, CTI-claims, regulatory), implement project management best practices in agile ways to drive efficient project execution and ensuring adherence to budget and quality standards.
• Co-develop strategic initiatives with relevant Stakeholders to identify growth and improvement opportunities within SEA savory and plant-based category aligning with business objectives, which include building category roadmaps, define projects scope and manage projects execution.
• Build long term technology capability roadmap within savory and plant-based category in SEA to drive strong product competitiveness in the market.
• Work closely with the RDC Retail co-locating in the same location to ensure the savory and plant-based capability in R&D is built and deliverables in the key sourcing units within SEA are aligned, optimized and quality is uncompromised while delivering the UFS ambition of growth and margin.
• Lead the R&D elements in Unilever Sustainability Living Plan agenda.
Requirements• Above 8 years working experience within R&D, Supply Chain or other technical functions.
• Proven track record in managing projects and delivery with speed, agility and consistently high standards of work and results. Experience in leading end-to-end innovation management will be preferred
• Innovative mindset on getting things done with a balance capabilities of food technology, theoretical scientific understanding, engineering knowledge along with commercial awareness with broad range of R&D experiences across the organization (Global/Cluster/Local).
• Strong exposure and engagement to business teams and cross functional teams is key and comfortable in working in a matrix organization and a complex environment.
• Those with experience in Foods in particular Savory or Plant-based is preferred.