Software Development Executive job description template
About this position
The Software Development Executive is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of software projects within the company. Reporting directly to the Chief Technology Officer, this role involves managing a team of software developers, ensuring timely delivery of projects, and maintaining high-quality standards. The Software Development Executive will also collaborate with other departments to align software development strategies with the company's overall goals and objectives.
• Oversee the entire software development lifecycle, from concept to deployment.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze requirements for software projects.
• Develop and maintain project plans, ensuring timely delivery of software solutions.
• Manage a team of software developers, providing guidance and support to ensure high-quality deliverables.
• Conduct code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
• Stay updated with the latest industry trends and technologies, and recommend innovative solutions to improve software development processes.
• Coordinate with stakeholders to prioritize and manage software development tasks and resources effectively.
• Monitor and track project progress, identifying and resolving any issues or risks that may arise.
• Foster a culture of continuous improvement, encouraging team members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
• Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to understand customer needs and provide technical expertise during pre-sales activities.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development, with at least 2 years in a leadership role
• Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
• Proven track record of successfully delivering complex software projects on time and within budget
• Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams