CHRO job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) is responsible for developing and leading the organization's overall human resources strategy and initiatives. This position will direct the development of human resources policies, programs, and procedures, and will be responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, training, and retention of employees. The CHRO is also responsible for managing the organization's employee relations, compensation and benefits, and development and performance management activities. The ideal candidate should have strong business acumen, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead a diverse and dynamic human resources team.
1. Develop and implement a global human resources strategy that aligns with the organization's core mission and values.
2. Oversee the recruitment and onboarding process to ensure the organization is hiring the best talent.
3. Create, manage and evaluate performance management systems to ensure employees are meeting their goals and objectives.
4. Ensure legal compliance with all labor laws and regulations.
5. Monitor employee engagement and develop strategies to increase employee retention.
6. Manage employee relations and resolve conflicts and disputes.
7. Develop and manage compensation and benefits plans.
8. Lead training and development initiatives to ensure employees are receiving the necessary tools to succeed.
9. Establish policies and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness.
10. Foster a culture of diversity and inclusion throughout the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
• Proven experience as a CHRO or in a similar role
• Solid knowledge of labor laws and best practices in HR
• Excellent leadership and organizational skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills