Engineering Director job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Engineering Director is responsible for overseeing and managing all engineering activities within the company. This includes leading a team of engineers, setting strategic goals, and ensuring the successful execution of engineering projects. The Engineering Director reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and collaborates closely with other department heads to drive innovation and achieve business objectives.
• Develop and implement engineering strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure efficient and effective operations.
• Lead and manage a team of engineers, providing guidance, mentorship, and support to drive high performance and professional growth.
• Oversee the planning, design, and execution of engineering projects, ensuring adherence to quality standards, timelines, and budgetary constraints.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product management, manufacturing, and quality assurance, to ensure seamless integration of engineering activities.
• Drive innovation and continuous improvement initiatives within the engineering department, fostering a culture of creativity and problem-solving.
• Conduct regular performance evaluations and provide feedback to engineers, identifying areas for improvement and implementing appropriate training and development programs.
• Monitor industry trends and technological advancements, staying abreast of emerging engineering methodologies and tools, and recommending their adoption as appropriate.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including clients, suppliers, and regulatory bodies, to ensure compliance with industry standards and customer requirements.
• Manage the engineering budget, allocating
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in engineering, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
• Strong technical knowledge and expertise in engineering principles and practices
• Proven track record of successfully managing and delivering complex engineering projects
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders