Field Service Engineer (Industrial machinery) job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Field Service Engineer (Industrial machinery) is responsible for providing preventive maintenance services and technical support to our customers, making sure their factory run without interruption and at high level of productivity. This position will involve troubleshooting equipment and client's processes, installing, upgrading parts and repairing industrial machinery. This position will report to the Customer Service Manager.
• Installation of equipment at the customer's location according to planning.
• Preventive maintenance and calibration of the equipment as part of the customer's subscribed maintenance plans.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot industrial machinery and equipment when problem arise, via visits or virtual channels when possible.
• Provide technical support to customers on-site and remotely
• Install, maintain, and repair industrial machinery and equipment.
• Ensure compliance with our company's standards, as well as with safety regulations and industry standards.
• Provide technical training to customers on the use of industrial machinery and equipment.
• Prepare and submit reports on service activities.
• Suggest improvements that could be done to the customer and forward enquiries to the Customer Service Sales team.
• Monitor and evaluate customer feedback.
• Develop and maintain relationships with customers.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• 3+ years of experience in industrial machinery maintenance and repair.
• Willingness and mobility to travel upcountry for several days at the time when required.
• Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems.
• Knowledge of onboarded electronic systems (eg. Siemens) if preferable.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.