Maintenance Director job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Maintenance Director is responsible for overseeing all aspects of maintenance operations within the company. This includes managing a team of maintenance technicians, developing and implementing maintenance programs, and ensuring the efficient operation of all equipment and facilities. The Maintenance Director reports directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and collaborates with other department heads to ensure smooth functioning of the organization.
• Develop and implement a comprehensive maintenance program for all equipment and facilities.
• Oversee the maintenance team and ensure that all tasks are assigned and completed in a timely manner.
• Conduct regular inspections of equipment and facilities to identify any maintenance needs or potential issues.
• Coordinate with vendors and contractors for repairs and maintenance services.
• Manage the budget for maintenance activities and ensure cost-effective solutions are implemented.
• Develop and maintain maintenance schedules and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
• Implement preventive maintenance measures to minimize equipment downtime and maximize efficiency.
• Train and mentor maintenance staff to ensure they have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their duties effectively.
• Maintain accurate records of all maintenance activities, including repairs, inspections, and equipment inventory.
• Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in maintenance practices to continuously improve the maintenance program at Master.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance management
• Strong knowledge of maintenance best practices and industry standards
• Proven ability to lead and manage a team of maintenance technicians
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills