Project Director job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Project Director is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of project execution, ensuring successful delivery within scope, budget, and timeline. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Project Director will lead a team of project managers, coordinate resources, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive project success and achieve organizational goals. This role requires strong leadership skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels.
• Develop and implement project plans, including defining project scope, goals, and deliverables.
• Lead and manage project teams, ensuring effective communication and collaboration among team members.
• Monitor project progress, identify potential risks and issues, and develop mitigation strategies.
• Coordinate and allocate resources, including budget, personnel, and equipment, to ensure project success.
• Establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
• Conduct regular project status meetings and provide updates to senior management and stakeholders.
• Ensure adherence to project timelines and milestones, and take corrective actions as necessary.
• Review and approve project documentation, including project charters, schedules, and reports.
• Evaluate project outcomes and identify areas for improvement, implementing lessons learned for future projects.
• Stay updated on industry trends and best practices, and apply them to enhance project management processes.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as business administration or project management
• Proven experience as a project manager or project director, preferably in a similar industry
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to effectively manage and motivate a team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
• Proficient in project management software and tools, with a solid understanding of project management methodologies