Business Development Manager job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Business Development Manager is a dynamic and driven professional responsible for developing and managing new business opportunities and relationships for our organization. This position requires an individual who is capable of working effectively with external clients and internal stakeholders to identify and secure new business. The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, have excellent communication skills, and demonstrate an aptitude for developing and nurturing relationships with prospects and clients. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful business development activities, and will be motivated to exceed sales targets.
1. Identify potential business opportunities, develop strategies and plans to pursue them.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with potential partners, suppliers and customers.
3. Monitor industry trends and develop insights to capitalize on new business opportunities.
4. Lead sales and marketing efforts to generate leads, close sales and increase revenue.
5. Evaluate current clients and develop strategies to ensure their satisfaction and retention.
6. Develop sales presentations and proposals for potential customers.
7. Research and analyze market conditions and competitive activities to identify new opportunities.
8. Develop and implement pricing strategies to maximize profits and customer satisfaction.
9. Monitor and report on business development activities and results.
10. Participate in trade shows, conferences and other events to increase awareness of the company and its products.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
• Proven track record of success in business development and/or sales.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with large and small clients.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and customer relationship management (CRM) software.