Sales Manager job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales, creating and maintaining customer relationships, and developing and executing sales strategies. This individual will be a highly-motivated self-starter who can work independently, as well as collaboratively with the sales team. The Sales Manager will be expected to be organized, results-oriented and possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will have experience in sales, a solid understanding of the sales process and an ability to think strategically. This role will require a great deal of time in the field, meeting with existing and potential clients and managing a
1. Develop and implement strategies to increase sales and maximize profits.
2. Motivate and lead sales teams to meet and exceed goals.
3. Monitor competitive trends and analyze sales performance.
4. Develop annual sales plans and quotas.
5. Develop and maintain customer relationships.
6. Develop and execute marketing plans.
7. Collaborate with other departments to ensure efficient operations.
8. Establish pricing strategies and discount rates.
9. Monitor sales team performance and provide feedback.
10. Attend trade shows and conferences to promote products.
- Proven track record of success in sales management
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of sales and customer service best practices
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
- Strong organizational and time management abilities