Head of Customer Service job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Head of Customer Service is responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of the customer service department. This includes developing and implementing strategies to enhance customer satisfaction, resolving escalated customer issues, and leading a team of customer service representatives. This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the company.
• Develop and implement customer service policies and procedures to ensure efficient and effective operations.
• Lead and manage a team of customer service representatives, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure exceptional customer service delivery.
• Monitor and analyze customer service metrics, such as response time, resolution rate, and customer satisfaction, to identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance overall customer experience.
• Handle escalated customer complaints and issues, ensuring prompt resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Collaborate with other departments, such as sales and marketing, to align customer service strategies with overall business objectives.
• Stay updated on industry trends and best practices in customer service, and implement innovative approaches to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers, addressing their needs and concerns to foster long-term partnerships.
• Oversee the implementation and utilization of customer service software and tools to streamline processes and improve efficiency.
• Conduct regular performance evaluations of customer service team members, providing feedback and coaching to drive continuous improvement.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in customer service management
• Proven track record of successfully leading and developing a team of customer service representatives
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with customers and resolve complex issues
• Proficient in customer service software and CRM systems