Regional Sales Director job description template with skills and salary market rate
About this position
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for the sales and business development of our products and services throughout the assigned region. The ideal candidate will have extensive sales experience, be results-driven and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The Regional Sales Director will oversee a sales team to ensure that sales goals are met and that our customers are satisfied. This position requires a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of success.
1. Develop and implement regional sales strategies and objectives to meet corporate revenue and profit goals.
2. Establish and maintain relationships with key customers and partners.
3. Monitor market trends and competitive activities and develop strategies to respond to them.
4. Directly manage and motivate a sales team to achieve sales goals.
5. Analyze sales performance and develop improvement strategies.
6. Establish and manage annual sales budgets.
7. Provide monthly, quarterly and annual sales performance reports.
8. Promote and develop sales initiatives to increase market share.
9. Develop and implement training programs for sales staff.
10. Participate in industry events and conferences.
• Proven track record of success in sales management, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
• Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to develop and execute strategic plans to meet sales goals
• Knowledge of current market trends and best practices in sales and customer service